Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Zhoumi's interview with iQiyi



Click here for the interview video

Zhoumi: Thailand trip was a personal schedule, so I booked the air tickets and the transport myself. The funny thing is I often play with the fans there. The local fans in Thailand. They were surprised because normally I go to Thailand for work or performances. I don't understand Thai, so for example when I was in Pattaya, I can't find a taxi so I had to take the Tuk Tuk. It's like a motorcycle and I need to tell the driver the location. But I didn't know how to so the fans took me to get a Tuk Tuk and told me which places to go to and brought me to eat seafood. But I have to pay for all the expenses... hahaha... I was really happy, it's a rare chance to get together with them.

MC: Does the company staff knows about this?

Zhoumi: No.. but now they do.. cuz they are right beside me right now.

Zhoumi: After cutting out the shape of the photos, and then cut out the sides following the shape of the photos. I stick them on layer by layer. It's all done by hand. I think it still look different from a computer generated one. And I think the method is very simple. I gave everyone an idea in this book. If you want to make a book like this, it's not that hard. I drew a comic strip at the end, I drew it myself, teaching you how to cut and stick them together. You can make one of your own, it might not be for Thailand, it might be England, London, a travelogue of your own. 

Zhoumi: I wasn't the kind that got promoted highly by everyone when I debuted.

MC: You are famous now.

Zhoumi: I don't feel that I am famous now too.. hahahaha.. I had more anti-fans when I debuted. I am not sure if you know the situation, maybe you don't know. I was added into an already matured group so many people opposed me. I think many singers will not have an experience like this but I treasure this process. Because it makes me appreciate the fans I have now. You may not treasure these things if they come too easily. When you don't have it, you will want to work even harder to show everyone. I can't say that I am doing very well now but the process of doing it was a self-helping. I hope that I can spread this energy to everyone, that is if you want to do something, work hard for it.

MC: Zhoumi mentioned that the Korean ent companies paved the road for their artistes well. Even if you are lacking, you can still make it up by working hard. Compared to releasing albums, it's harder to find a personal style.

Zhoumi:
(Recounting how he met Victoria) There is a basement in the company, the practice room and we were practicing our dance. Suddenly a company staff told me that a girl from China is coming, her name is Song Qian. But Koreans doesn't speak with tones so she pronounced Song4 Qian4 as Song4 Qian2 (Giving out money). So I thought, why is her name 'Giving Money', it's funny. 'Giving Money' to SM. So I went to take a look at her. My first impression was this girl has big eyes. She didn't have make up on and had some pimples. But I can feel that this girl should look good on cameras and she will be pretty with some make up on. We didn't chat much though. She was a little timid and shy. She was the only one who was the same age as me among the trainees. I debuted 3 or 4 months after she arrived. We had some interactions, because she can dance better and I sing better so we will share experiences with each other. Like she would tell me how to dance better and I taught her singing, we became closer like this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment