Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Siwon Audi Mag interview

Siwon Audi Mag interview 

Q: Hongkong Film awards in April, Singapore Chanel event in May, SS5 INA in June, you really travel here and there a lot but looks like you are doing well.
SW: I returned to Seoul after SS5 INA. Next week I am going to Hongkong for Super Junior's concert. I am getting used to the frequent traveling, I don't feel tired. I eat well every meal an work out often. I can handle it myself in this area.

Q: You have 'King of Drama' and SJM's activities in the first half of the year, what plans do you have for the second half?
SW: There is no plan for a new album so it will be more on acting. Although it's not confirmed yet, we are considering a few movies and dramas.

 Q: Super Junior has released 6 albums since their debut in 2005. There are even more if we include the sub groups and singles. As a Super Junior member, When do you feel the most happiness and achivement?
SW: Every moment, I think that I am an useful person. When fans say that they feel consoled and courage when listening to our songs or watch us perform on stage, this is what my wish is. And I feel a greater sense of responsibilty. A recent example, during our concert tour in South America at the end of April. It was the first time korean singers hold a concert tour in Brazil, Argentina, Chile an Peru and most of the audience were locals. All 4 concerts were sold out. It was truly an amazing experience.

Q: Singing and acting, which one do you think you do better?
SW: Both are interesting. But rather than saying it's interesting, I slowly feel more responsibilities. Many people from different areas are looking at me. As for which one I do better in, I am not really sure. No matter what I am doing, where I am, I always try to do my best. And I also evaluate myself rationally. I know what my strong points are. When I am developing my strong points, I will also take note of my weakness and try to change it.

Q: Let's talk about your first movie/TV, how do you feel when you think back about acting with Andy Lau and Ahn Sungki in 'A Battle of Wits'?
SW: My first debut movie/tv was actually 2 years before this. It was the drama '18,29' in 2005, I acted as the main lead's younger self. After that then I did 'A Battle of Wits', I didn't choose it because it was an international film. Or should I say I didn't have a say in this. It was decided by a movie company who specialized at picking new actors for important supporting roles. It was a risk, and I am thankful till now. Now when I worry when I think about doing overseas projects but during that time, I didn't worry at all. It was like a dream.

Q: How did the crew of the movie treated you?
SW: At first they were curious. I was young and a new face, I joked and chatted with them with my mother tongue. On the days that I don't have any scenes, I will still go to the shooting venue to eat or chat. We got close quickly. Last year when I was in China filming a drama, a crew from the movie contacted me, told me that he was there too. We met each other again after 5 years. 

Q: Do you practice Universal Love? (loving everyone and everything) Since you have more than 3 millions followers on Twitter... and you are sincere to everyone regardless of being close to them or not.
SW: Yes, I have more than 3.5 mil followers on Twitter now. Living sincerely with faith, posting good proverbs on Twitter and Weibo everyday. Hope that everyone who follows me will rediscover themselves and gain strength. Rather than saying I believe in Universal Love, it is more of respect and loving people.

Q: Do you love yourself like you love others?
SW: Of course I love myself. But if I work hard to strengthen my world, wouldn't I be trapping myself in it? I think I am more of 'others are better than me'. When I make decisions for myself, I will also ask the people around me, listen to others' opinions.

Q: Rational or emotional?
SW: It's balanced. I do things emotionally but I work hard to be a rational person.

Q: Why do you put so much heart into living? Super Junior's even joked about 'Siwon's Day' in a variety show before.

SW: Time management is important. I am strict with time management. Compared to wasting money, I hate wasting time more. When you waste some money, you can save it from somewhere else but you can save time if you waste it. When one is not working, one should follow the rule too, it is important to use personal time wisely. I am doing that now.
 
Q: Heard that there is something you must do everyday.
SW: 6am, 12pm and 6pm. 3 times a day I will pray. No matter where I am. And working out too. I don't feel comfortable if I don't work out, I can't sleep. There is an amount of energy in my body that I must use, if I don't spend it all on my exercises, my body will lose balance. Basically I like all kinds of sports. I learnt tennis not long ago and right now I am trying to understand cross fit.

Q: Is it intentional to project the 'Perfect Man' image?
SW: Not really. It is endless to meet others' expectations. I am working my best to meet my own expectiations. I should say even if I didn't meet my own expectations, it's fine as long as I did my best. Growing up in a good environment, living a life with everything I need... it all doesn't matter. I hope to be someone extraodinary, reversed. James Dean is not handsome everday too. When I am with friends, I can be funny, it's nothing big really. George Clooney and Brad Pitt are the same too.

Q: That reminds us of the role you did in 'King of Drama'.
SW: It is like a turning point. Initially Kang HyunMin wasn't supposed to be like this. But we changed the tone after discussing with the director. To make it more interesting. It reflects how I am normally. I should say I play more during normal times. Super Junior members and managers said that I can do this role with ease (since the role is like the real Siwon). Of course the company hopes that I do a handsome role instead.

Q: What do you think of your celebrity life after 8 years?
SW: The bubble burst, feels like it's being sliced off. I looks at things more realisticly now, I have different views from people of my age. As an artist, it is my strength to be able to fit into any situation. I can fit into and catch the rhythm of any shows you send me to. Doing music, talking with the MCs, shooting pictorials, it's different everytime. Each time I work with different people.

Q: Afraid of strangers?
SW: It is serious. Others think that I am not afraid of strangers. Indeed, it's fine to chat with someone I am meeting for the first time. But to really have a talk heart to heart takes a long time. However I will take the initiative, hoping to communicated through hearts.

Q: What kind of son are you?

SW: I am the kind of son who do what I need to do, working hard hard to be like a friend. I am my dad's son, of course I understand my dad, understanding him like a man too. But it is not like I understand him more as I grow older. There are some things that I can never understand. We live in different worlds for a very long time. I came to this circle (entertainment) since my teenage years. So I work hard to understand him through words, slowly our relationship becomes friendly, like friends. I have a very close brother, he calls my father 'hyung'. The relationship becomes more interesting.

Q: What do you do when you are free?
SW: I am busier when I am not working. If I am to plan for tomorrow, I will have coffee after morning prayers, then read the bible, study a foreign language, play tennis, afternoon prayers, have lunch, work out in the afternoon, evening prayers, have dinner... like this. I travel a lot when I work so I try to do more things when I am in Seoul.

Q: Do you like to drive?
SW: Of course, I started driving when I was 20. My first car was Audi TT. When I became Audi's ambassador, I bought the TT during the launching show. I drove it for 4 years. Now I am driving the R8 Spider. Personally, changing to a bigger car feels like I have become bigger too. Both physically and mentally.

Q: Where do you go with the R8 normally?
SW: There are a few roads that I like to drive on. (A bunch of Korean road names in Chinese that I can't translate, I will try to translate them again later)

Q: The next time I see an R8 on these roads, I will think it's you. Who will be sitting next to you?
SW: No one. Alone in the middle of the road. Ah, I am with my parents sometimes.

Q: What is your biggest weakness?
SW: Weak in relationships. It should be clear when building or ending a relationship. But sometimes I can't do it. I am still working on it. It's better to hurt now then hurt in the long run.

Q: Sounds like you had a break up before.
SW: I had a girlfriend before but I don't have one now. I think this is a period for me to prepare to meet a better person.

Q: Do you think of marriage?
SW: Actually I want to get married now but I am not confident.

Q: What do you think about normally?
SW: I think every moment is a learning period. There are times when I am in a bad mood, or times when things don't go smoothly. But I am thankful for the things I learn from it. Continuing to learn is what I am doing now.

Q: It is interesting to talk to Choi Siwon.
SW: Right, that was it. (laughs)

Q: What are your future schedules?
SW: Received Audi's invitation, I will be going to France at the end of June. I heard that it will be one of the 3 biggest car races of the world and has a long history. It will be my first time attending a car race. It should be interesting and I will get to understand cars more. I have also made a jacket for the event.
 
(Korean>Chinese: SiwonBar) 

No comments:

Post a Comment